Chifeng Gold’s Lane Xang Minerals Limited (LXML) operates the Sepon Gold and Copper Operation, located in Vilabouly District, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR. Since operations commenced in 2003, LXML Sepon has produced over 1.1 million tonnes of copper cathode and over 53 tonnes of gold. In 2022, Sepon produced 6,600 tonnes of copper and 6.7 tonnes of gold. Planned production for 2023 is over 6 tonnes of gold and 7,000 tonnes of copper.
LXML is now positioning itself for future growth. With the transition from a copper-focused operation to a gold-focused operation completed in 2020 and with a number of other feasibility studies, a ramp up in exploration and with merger and acquisition activity underway, the future for LXML and the Sepon operation is unlimited in potential and opportunity.
In support of this growth, we are looking for Technical Advisor – Oxygen Plant to join our team to deliver on our growth plans, and be a part of this exciting future.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Coaching Lao Supervisors to be competent in the Technical, People and Scheduling tasks of their roles utilising the LXML Operating Accountability Framework.
- Developing competency in technical requirements of the Oxygen Plant Operators through the provision of daily coaching and specialist technical advice on production activities.
- Developing, maintaining, and monitoring the Training Needs Analysis and proactively managing oxygen plant operations team competence.
- Encouraging critical thinking among the work crews and contributing to problem solving and troubleshooting of technical issues through the coaching process.
- Overseeing plant operations, identifying issues, and escalating them to Superintendents to address.
- Assisting Co-ordinators to prioritise and prepare for the most critical operational and maintenance tasks and provide coaching on their required involvement.
- Critically reviewing processes, advising and implementing changes to continuously improve and create sustainable systems for LXML, that support localisation.
- Investigating and conducting RCA’s on key production loss events and implementing corrective actions.
- Demonstrating safety commitment and contributing to a safe work culture.
- Actively seeking and implementing cost reduction opportunities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Technical qualification/degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical).
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience with oxygen plant operations in a supervisory role.
- Understanding of ASU and VPSA Oxygen Plant operations and procedures.
- Capability to optimise oxygen plant efficiency, reliability and costs.
- Coaching and mentoring experience in a culturally diverse environment.
- People and Scheduling skills.
An attractive salary package, including performance-based incentives and other benefits is on offer for this role. This is a great opportunity to join an existing world class mining operation and contribute towards the ongoing development of the biggest and best mining company in the Lao PDR.
Phonsinuan Village, P.O. Box 4486, Vientiane, Lao PDR Tel: +856 21 268 200, NalaoVillage, Kaisone District, Savannakhet Tel: +856 41 212686