Chifeng Gold’s Lane Xang Minerals Limited (LXML) operates the Sepon Gold and Copper Operation, located in
Vilabouly District, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR. Since operations commenced in 2003, LXML Sepon has
produced over 1.1 million tonnes of copper cathode and over 53 tonnes of gold. In 2022, Sepon produced
6,600 tonnes of copper and 6.7 tonnes of gold. Planned production for 2023 is over 6 tonnes of gold and 7,000 tonnes of copper.
LXML is now positioning itself for future growth. With the transition from a copper-focused operation to a gold-focused operation completed in 2020 and with a number of other feasibility studies, a ramp up in exploration and with merger and acquisition activity underway, the future for LXML and the Sepon operation is unlimited in potential and opportunity.
In support of this growth, we are looking for Supervisor – Fabrication & Rubber Line to join our team to deliver on our growth plans, and be a part of this exciting future.
Reporting to a Superintendent. A Supervisor has acquired the necessary fabrication trade, and leadership experience to be a delegate for a Superintendent. He is capable of manage a team responsible for the execution of construction and/or civil maintenance tasks in the absence of the Superintendent on a short time basis. When requested he/she is expected to manage the designated task in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner.
Key responsibilities include:
- Input as team member to workplace improvements.
- Be a key member of a high performing team.
- Lead, manage and support the team through example and by being a high-performance team member.
- Ensure team compliance with LXML management systems, objectives, and all statutory and legal standards.
- Ensure good quality construction and maintenance work to budget and timeframe.
- Ensure that Sepon assets are fabricated and installed in a manner which maintains and enhances LXML’s reputation and social license with all stakeholders. Eg GoL, MCA, ICME, NGO’s etc.
- Act in a responsible, courteous manner and exhibit the appropriate levels of cultural sensitivity during all interactions with colleagues, Host Country citizens, local communities, visitors, and Government Officials.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Trade Qualification or equivalent experience.
- Structure fabrication and welding techniques.
- As a delegate of the Supervisor manage a team to ensure an assigned fabrication task is prepared, executed, and completed to the required specification, quality standards and timeframe.
- Comprehensive understanding of safety, environment, and health requirements within an industrial and/or construction process.
- Understand fabrication planning and scheduling process.
- Be able to comprehensively report on task or project completion.
- Good supervision, leadership, and management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- A basic understanding of the English Language (oral and written).
- Be personable and attentive.
- Intermediate and developing experience working in designated trade(s).
- Developing competency as a supervisor.
An attractive salary packages, including a performance-based incentives and other benefits, are on offer for this role. This is a great opportunity to join an exisiting world class mining operation and contribute towards the ongoing development of the biggest and best mining company in the Lao PDR.
Phonsinuan Village, P.O. Box 4486, Vientiane, Lao PDR Tel: +856 21 268 200, NalaoVillage, Kaisone District, Savannakhet Tel: +856 41 212686