Chifeng Gold’s Lane Xang Minerals Limited (LXML) operates the Sepon Gold and Copper Operation, located in Vilabouly District, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR. Since operations commenced in 2003, LXML Sepon has produced over 1.1 million tonnes of copper cathode and over 53 tonnes of gold. In 2022, Sepon produced 6,600 tonnes of copper and 6.7 tonnes of gold. Planned production for 2023 is over 6 tonnes of gold and 7,000 tonnes of copper.
LXML is now positioning itself for future growth. With the transition from a copper-focused operation to a gold-focused operation completed in 2020 and with a number of other feasibility studies, a ramp up in exploration and with merger and acquisition activity underway, the future for LXML and the Sepon operation is unlimited in potential and opportunity.
In support of this growth, we are looking for Superintendent - Human Resources to join our team to deliver on our growth plans, and be a part of this exciting future.
Reporting to the Senior Superintendent – Human Resources, this role will work in close partnership with Managers and Superintendents across the business to develop, plan and execute all human capital projects and iniativies aligned to achieving the overall business plan for LXML.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with key stakeholders to assist with the organization’s design and ensure that we have the right talent in the right roles.
- Manage HR and ER/IR related activities such as coaching/developing managers and employees for performance, role design, remuneration, recruitment, succession planning and employee engagement initiative.
- Manage stakeholder engagement by providing clear and concise communication, consultation and planning whilst managing risk and responsibilities across the organisation.
- Provide high level support and guidance to managers in the planning and implementation of department restructures/realignments, ensuring they are in line with HR legislation, change principles and frameworks.
- Own the Learning and Development and succession planning priorities and be involved in other HR projects.
- Develop and deliver people programs centred around performance, improvement, excellence, succession planning and retention.
- Develop and analyse key HR metrics and develop and execute improvement programs as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- An experienced and qualified HR Generalist with a minimum 5 years experience in a leadership, remuneration, recruitment/talent acquisition or senior HR role who is passionate about developing and implementing strategies to attract, engage, and develop employees, and build upon a high-performance culture.
- Has the ability to educate and support line managements in the application of the right framework and tools and support the business to adopting new techniques.
- Has strong knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools, with a track record of planning, managing, and delivering company changes.
- Ability to influence and engage stakeholders with demonstrated experience driving and implementing change.
- Ability to manage complex, high quantity and ambiguous information to efficiently solve problems.
- Demonstrated success in strategic HR disciplines such as Performance Development, Workforce Planning, Succession Planning, Transactional IR, Analytics and Reporting.
- Experience with restructures, embedding change in the capacity of change champion would be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill, both Lao and English.
- Well-developed computer skills including experience with related HR software and systems, and the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
Attractive salary packages, including a performance-based incentives and other benefits, are on offer for this role. This is a great opportunity to join an exisiting world class mining operation and contribute towards the ongoing development of the biggest and best mining company in the Lao PDR.
Phonsinuan Village, P.O. Box 4486, Vientiane, Lao PDR Tel: +856 21 268 200, NalaoVillage, Kaisone District, Savannakhet Tel: +856 41 212686