Chifeng Gold’s Lane Xang Minerals Limited (LXML) operates the Sepon Gold and Copper Operation, located in Vilabouly District, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR. Since operations commenced in 2003, LXML Sepon has produced over 1.1 million tonnes of copper cathode and over 53 tonnes of gold. In 2022, Sepon produced 6,600 tonnes of copper and 6.7 tonnes of gold. Planned production for 2023 is over 6 tonnes of gold and 7,000 tonnes of copper.
LXML is now positioning itself for future growth. With the transition from a copper-focused operation to a gold-focused operation completed in 2020 and with a number of other feasibility studies, a ramp up in exploration and with merger and acquisition activity underway, the future for LXML and the Sepon operation is unlimited in potential and opportunity.
In support of this growth, we are looking for Superintendent - Compliance and Approval to join our team to deliver on our growth plans, and be a part of this exciting future.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Plan, implement, and manage project approvals strategy that support company's business plans.
- Inform internal stakeholders of Government of Lao (GoL)'s project approval procedures and processes.
- Coordinate consultants and liaise with government agencies to efficiently deliver environmental approvals in a timely manner.
- Facilitate regulatory inspections and maintain license register.
- Manage, monitor and follow up license extension. Develop compliance programs, review company policies related to CSR & Environment.
- Advise management on the company's compliance with laws and regulations. Ensure the company functions and activities follow all relevant legal and internal guidelines.
- Lead annual and regular Government site inspections as well as ad-hoc site inspections.
- Conduct risk assessments and provide advice to the management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualified Environmental Science discipline, Or Bachelor's degree and additional two years of professional experience.
- Proficient language skills in Lao and English.
- Excellent communication, relationship building and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in project management and MS Office tools.
- Management experience skill.
- Analytical thinking and ability.
- Professional experience in environmental related fields and mining industry.
- Project management and coordination experience.
Attractive salary packages, including performance-based incentives and other benefits, are on offer for this role. This is a great opportunity to join an exisiting world class mining operation and contribute towards the ongoing development of the biggest and best mining company in the Lao PDR.
Phonsinuan Village, P.O. Box 4486, Vientiane, Lao PDR Tel: +856 21 268 200, NalaoVillage, Kaisone District, Savannakhet Tel: +856 41 212686