Chifeng Gold’s Lane Xang Minerals Limited (LXML) operates the Sepon Gold and Copper Operation, located in Vilabouly District, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR. Since operations commenced in 2003, LXML Sepon has produced over 1.1 million tonnes of copper cathode and over 53 tonnes of gold. In 2022, Sepon produced 6,600 tonnes of copper and 6.7 tonnes of gold. In 2023, our planned production forecast is over 6 tonnes of gold and 7,000 tonnes of copper.
Due to our continued commitment to localisation, we are seeking a highly motivated and resulted orientated Lao National in the position of Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Manager to join our leadership team to deliver on our growth plans and be a part of our exciting future.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, this role will provide strong leadership to the organisation in the management of key, Safety, Health and Environment risks and opportunities through leading and managing the effective delivery of support and services to carry out SHE functions across the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain and implement the LXML Safety, Health and Environment Strategy consistent with the Business Plan and LXML standards and strategy.
- Ensure appropriate SHE practices and systems are in place to monitor and manage commitments for sustainable business operations
- Apply systematic approaches to issues management consistent with LXML’s business strategy, business model, policies and processes.
- Preparation and implementation of Environmental Monitoring, Waste Management, Site Rehabilitation and Water Management Plans in accordance with the site EMP.
- Participate actively in the site management team to implement the business plan and support & promote agreed decisions of the team.
- Provide support and advice to the Sepon Leadership Team on all aspects of SHE management, including the management of impacts and change.
- Lead the implementation of SHE practices through planning, awareness building and competency development of on-site personnel.
- Promote and improve SHE performance through visible actions and regular audits & inspections to ensure that standards are being met and maintained
- Ensure that SHE incidents including non-compliances are reported within the required timeframes and appropriately investigated.
- Provide input on social sustainability issues to corporate growth plans.
- Maintain risk registers for all areas of responsibility and risk mitigation systems and processes.
- Build annual operating plans and budgets.
- Ensure compliance with LXML’s management systems and all statutory and legal standards.
- Drive respect for & increased understanding of SHE issues through all site Departments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in a Safety, Health, and/or Environment or mining-related qualification
- More than 10 years of professional SHE experience.
- Seasoned SHE professional with a track record of success.
- An understanding of relevant legislation and regulations relating to SHE.
- An understanding of the security, safety, health and environment risks and solutions in which we operate.
- Strong business acumen with highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in leading change and delivering improvements across all areas of SHE operations.
- Experience with a proven ability to develop work teams through direct coaching and development.
- Significant demonstrated leadership which supports a high-performance culture.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
A very attractive salary package, including a performance-based incentive and other benefits, are on offer for this role. This is a great opportunity to join an existing world class mining operation and contribute to towards the ongoing development of the biggest and best mining company in the Lao PDR.
To join the next generations' global mining company, please submit your application online in either Word (.doc) or Adobe (.pdf) format online to Recruitment@LXML.LA. All applications will close 25th April 2023.
Phonsinuan Village, P.O. Box 4486, Vientiane, Lao PDR Tel: +856 21 268 200, Nalao Village, Kaisone District, Savannakhet Tel: +856 41 212686