Chifeng Gold’s Lane Xang Minerals Limited (LXML) operates the Sepon Gold and Copper Operation, located in Vilabouly District, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR. Since operations commenced in 2003, LXML Sepon has produced over 1.1 million tonnes of copper cathode and over 53 tonnes of gold. In 2022, Sepon produced 6,600 tonnes of copper and 6.7 tonnes of gold. Planned production for 2023 is over 6 tonnes of gold and 7,000 tonnes of copper.
LXML is now positioning itself for future growth. With the transition from a copper-focused operation to a gold-focused operation completed in 2020 and with a number of other feasibility studies, a ramp up in exploration and with merger and acquisition activity underway, the future for LXML and the Sepon operation is unlimited in potential and opportunity.
In support of this growth, we are looking for Officer - Emergency Response to join our team to deliver on our growth plans, and be a part of this exciting future.
Reporting to Supervisor - Emergency Response, Officer - Emergency Response will be responsible for assisting site emergency response requirements which include undertaking site inspections, conducting training, and implementing processes to ensure the compliance of LXML work standards and procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering awareness and extinguisher training for LXML and contractors
- Assisting in the development of emergency response training plan for the Sepon Emergency Response Team
- Conducting site inspections, and maintenance of emergency response and rescue resources across the site (fire fighting equipment, detection and suppression systems, etc.)
- Contributing to the development of effective emergency response plans for all areas across the site
- Participating in the site emergency evacuations and exercises
- Maintain a state of readiness and turn out as directed to any emergency that may occur
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Relevant qualification/training as an Emergency Response Officer, or the aptitude to train into the position.
- Experience in Emergency Response with Mining or similar environment
- Technical rescue skills and ability to operate the rescue equipment.
- A sound awareness of operational safety issues and an excellent personal safety record
- Lao Driving License (class BC)
- Good computer skill - Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook).
An attractive salary packages, including a performance-based incentives and other benefits, are on offer for this role. This is a great opportunity to join an exisiting world class mining operation and contribute towards the ongoing development of the biggest and best mining company in the Lao PDR.
Phonsinuan Village, P.O. Box 4486, Vientiane, Lao PDR Tel: +856 21 268 200, NalaoVillage, Kaisone District, Savannakhet Tel: +856 41 212686