Chifeng Gold’s Lane Xang Minerals Limited (LXML) operates the Sepon Gold and Copper Operation, located in Vilabouly District, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR. Since operations commenced in 2003, LXML Sepon has produced over 1.1 million tonnes of copper cathode and over 53 tonnes of gold. In 2022, Sepon produced 6,600 tonnes of copper and 6.7 tonnes of gold. Planned production for 2023 is over 6 tonnes of gold and 7,000 tonnes of copper.
LXML is now positioning itself for future growth. With the transition from a copper-focused operation to a gold-focused operation completed in 2020 and with a number of other feasibility studies, a ramp up in exploration and with merger and acquisition activity underway, the future for LXML and the Sepon operation is unlimited in potential and opportunity.
In support of this growth, we are looking for Officer – Data Management to join our team to deliver on our growth plans, and be a part of this exciting future.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Analysing spatial data using mapping software (QGIS, ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS online).
- Designing digital maps with geographic data and other data sources.
- Producing maps showing the spatial distribution and temporal variability of various kinds of data, including regional data, environmental monitoring results and others.
- Use and further develop of various mapping applications and tools (i-Map, LADR application portal).
- Converting drone imagery into geographic data for uploading to i-Map.
- Performing data wrangling and cleaning to convert data into its desired form.
- Managing environmental database (DataSight, EsDat), QA/QC data prior import/export and reporting.
- Daily weather forecast and report to LXML SharePoint.
- Daily laboratory assay results reporting.
- Prepare weekly and monthly report to Supervisor – Environmental Monitoring.
- Maintenance of a high standard of personal safety and reporting of safety related incidents and hazards daily and/or upon observations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience with database program usage such as Esdat and DataSight.
- At least 2 years experiences in mapping and data management.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Attractive salary packages, including a performance-based incentives and other benefits, are on offer for this role. This is a great opportunity to join an exisiting world class mining operation and contribute towards the ongoing development of the biggest and best mining company in the Lao PDR.
Phonsinuan Village, P.O. Box 4486, Vientiane, Lao PDR Tel: +856 21 268 200, NalaoVillage, Kaisone District, Savannakhet Tel: +856 41 212686