Chifeng Gold’s Lane Xang Minerals Limited (LXML) operates the Sepon Gold and Copper Operation, located in Vilabouly District, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR. Since operations commenced in 2003, LXML Sepon has produced over 1.1 million tonnes of copper cathode and over 53 tonnes of gold. In 2022, Sepon produced 6,600 tonnes of copper and 6.7 tonnes of gold. Planned production for 2023 is over 6 tonnes of gold and 7,000 tonnes of copper.
LXML is now positioning itself for future growth. With the transition from a copper-focused operation to a gold-focused operation completed in 2020 and with a number of other feasibility studies, a ramp up in exploration and with merger and acquisition activity underway, the future for LXML and the Sepon operation is unlimited in potential and opportunity.
In support of this growth, we are looking for Executive Chef to join our team to deliver on our growth plans, and be a part of this exciting future.
The Executive Chef will report to Catering Superintendent. The role will be responsible for supervising all types of food production on Sepon site, including Western, Asian and Lao dishes. He/she will ensure that food preparation are processed at a high level of standard and in a cost-effective way.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversees and supervisors of the food preparation and production with all kitchen staff
- Lead and trains chefs on menu, presentation, cost analysis, catering daily service meals.
- Supervise and prepare meals with other chefs in accordance with LXML Food Safety Standard
- Ensure that all catering requirements meets the LXML food catering plans
- Oversight on all kitchen and mess areas ensure occupational health and hygiene standards are adhered
- Check all administrative requirement, including menu cycle, food safety logs, equipment spreadsheet, and inventory.
- Initiate improvements and manage cost reduction plan by identifying alternative products.
- Assist team in monitoring onsite stock levels – checking all inventory lists, daily requisitions, issuance and items received
- Complete all departmental reporting to the Catering Superintendent as per the reporting schedule
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in large hospitality, large catering, or top-class restaurants
- Qualified Chef - Western, Asian and Laos cuisine
- Food safety training certificate
- Have a broad knowledge in bulk kitchen preparation.
- Knowledge of western and multi-national cuisines
- Ability to track and monitor daily food cost
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Service oriented and ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in the use of computer (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
An attractive salary packages, including a performance-based incentives and other benefits, are on offer for this role. This is a great opportunity to join an exisiting world class mining operation and contribute towards the ongoing development of the biggest and best mining company in the Lao PDR.
Phonsinuan Village, P.O. Box 4486, Vientiane, Lao PDR Tel: +856 21 268 200, NalaoVillage, Kaisone District, Savannakhet Tel: +856 41 212686