Chifeng Gold’s Lane Xang Minerals Limited (LXML) operates the Sepon Gold and Copper Operation, located in Vilabouly District, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR. Since operations commenced in 2003, LXML Sepon has produced over 1.1 million tonnes of copper cathode and over 53 tonnes of gold. In 2022, Sepon produced 6,600 tonnes of copper and 6.7 tonnes of gold. Planned production for 2023 is over 6 tonnes of gold and 7,000 tonnes of copper.
LXML is now positioning itself for future growth. With the transition from a copper-focused operation to a gold-focused operation completed in 2020 and with a number of other feasibility studies, a ramp up in exploration and with merging and acquisition activity underway, the future for LXML and the Sepon operation is unlimited in potential and opportunity.
In support of this growth, we are looking for Drilling Supervisor to join our team to deliver on our growth plans, and be a part of this exciting future.
The main responsibilities of Drilling Supervisor are to supervise drilling crew and manage daily drilling operational activities. The role will ensure drilling quality and productivity meet expectations and all drilling tasks comply with LXML work standards and procedures.
Other key accountabilities include:
- Provide technical support and guidance to drilling team.
- Coordinate activities and lead drilling team to meet drilling production targets and deadlines.
- Plan, schedule and execute drilling plans ensuring that all required resources and equipment are ready to operate and that drill rigs are fully utilized
- Plan and schedule the maintenance of drilling equipment to prevent equipment damages and maximize drilling productivity
- Manage contractors servicing the drilling operations.
- Prepare drilling reports and perform other tasks as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Drilling qualifications or relevant training
- Experience in drilling with mining in a similar role
- Understanding of processes and requirements for drilling operations
- Good planning, scheduling and leadership skills.
- High commitment to safety policy
- Driving License BC.
An attractive salary packages, including a performance-based incentives and other benefits are on offer for this role. This is a great opportunity to join an exisiting world class mining operation and contribute towards the ongoing development of the biggest and best mining company in the Lao PDR.
Phonsinuan Village, P.O. Box 4486, Vientiane, Lao PDR Tel: +856 21 268 200, Nalao Village, Kaisone City, Savannakhet Province Tel: +856 41 212686