Chifeng Gold’s Lane Xang Minerals Limited (LXML) operates the Sepon Gold and Copper Operation, located in Vilabouly District, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR. Since operations commenced in 2003, LXML Sepon has produced over 1.1 million tonnes of copper cathode and over 53 tonnes of gold. In 2022, Sepon produced 6,600 tonnes of copper and 6.7 tonnes of gold. Planned production for 2023 is over 6 tonnes of gold and 7,000 tonnes of copper.
LXML is now positioning itself for future growth. With the transition from a copper-focused operation to a gold-focused operation completed in 2020 and with a number of other feasibility studies, a ramp up in exploration and with merger and acquisition activity underway, the future for LXML and the Sepon operation is unlimited in potential and opportunity.
In support of this growth, we are looking for Accounting Superintendent to join our team to deliver on our growth plans, and be a part of this exciting future.
Reporting to Commercial Manager, the Accounting Superintendent will be responsible for managing LXML accounting function. The role will lead and manage a team of accountants to provide periodic reports and support various activities such as month end closing, ledger reconciliation, salary clearing, tax/VAT submission, account receivable process in system and accounting audits. The incumbent will ensure all the financial activities are complied with accounting standards.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee daily financial transactions to ensure data integrity
- Manage month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
- Prepare monthly financial statements and regulatory reports
- Conduct balance sheet account reconciliation, and identify and/or resolve outstanding issues
- Manage tax returns on a monthly and annual basis
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Assist in internal and external audit
- Train and supervise accounting staff
- Conduct other tasks as assigned by manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA or ACCA qualification
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Experience working in a senior accounting role in Mining or similar industry
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adhere to financial reporting deadlines
- Good English communication (oral and written)
- Advanced computer skills on accounting software, databases, MS Office – Excel in particular
An attractive salary packages, including a performance-based incentives and other benefits, are on offer for this role. This is a great opportunity to join an exisiting world class mining operation and contribute towards the ongoing development of the biggest and best mining company in the Lao PDR.
Phonsinuan Village, P.O. Box 4486, Vientiane, Lao PDR Tel: +856 21 268 200, NalaoVillage, Kaisone District, Savannakhet Tel: +856 41 212686